Refrigerated containers in Seattle, WA - Houston, TX - Portland, OR
20’L x 8’W x 8½’H
40’L x 8’W x 9½’H
230V, 3 phase power
460V, 3 phase power
Units will Chill, Freeze, or Heat
Capable of holding temp’s from
0 F - 70 F.
- Seasonal storage
- Bulk inventory
- Grocery stores
- Wholesale Food Co.
- Flower shops
- Medical facilities
Benefits of Renting & Leasing:
McKinney's short-term rentals and long-term leases may be the perfect equipment choice for you. Use the storage container when you need it - then return it. Free up capital that you'd otherwise have to invest in expensive equipment; thereby removing long-term debt on your balance sheet.
McKinney reefer containers are newer, high-quality containers and are available in 20 & 40-foot sizes. Our experienced technicians will even inspect the site, deliver and set up your reefer container. We'll be happy to give you details about our monthly specials when we receive your call.
McKinney reefer containers run on electricity, so you will not be billed for additional hourly or mileage charges.
We will deliver and pick up the unit with one of our numerous drop-delivery vehicles.
McKinney offers 24/7 no cost maintenance and repairs for all refrigerated container rentals.
When it comes to needing extra freezer or cooler space, just call McKinney to hear about details on great pricing and delivery options.
Suggestions for your Reefer Container
- Place front of reefer no closer than 10’ to nearest walls.
- The aluminum floor provides air flow. Debris such as cardboard or plastic should not accumulate below the surface as this will obstruct air flow.
- Try to raise the reefer off the ground and tilt slightly to back doors, this will allow for drainage. Keep debris clear from the drains in the front and rear of unit.
- Always turn unit off prior to opening doors. This helps to keep the cold air in the unit.
Additional Options for your Reefer
- Depending on the application and how the container is equipped, it may be helpful to install a thermometer to monitor both return air temperature and other discharge air temperature. This helps monitor highly sensitive perishable products.
- Install a plastic curtain at rear door to keep heat out when doors are open.
- Install a passage door and window to allow removal of product without keeping the doors open.
- McKinney has chassis’ available to bring the container to dock height for loading and unloading convenience.
Reefer Electrical Requirements
Determine the electrical requirements prior to the reefer being delivered. If you are hesitant, we recommend that your electrician contact a McKinney employee at 800-850-3588.
- Unit requires a three phase electrical system with a supply voltage of 460-volt.
- We also have a limited supply of reefers with 230-volt dual voltage transformers.